27 October 2006

Believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on

Name the lyric in the title.

I changed the blog around a little so that 10 posts show on the main page. Mainly cause I seem to be updating more frequently, and thus, everything is getting bumped to the archive before anyone has a chance to read it. See, internet? I am thinking of you. It's all about you. Really. Your hair looks good. Did you lose some weight? Whatever you're doing, keep it up!

This week I had yet another anti-depressant added to my stable of maintenance drugs. You read right. Maintenance. For the rest of my life, I will have to take these drugs in order to maintain some semblance of normalcy. (Aside: I fuckin' LOVE the new Firefox, with the underlining of the misspelled words! This is TEH RAWK! Except it doesn't recognise TEH or RAWK! Hah. It does now!) It's kind of overwhelming to know that I have to take these pills if I want to be able to function. Actually, it sucks. We can abandon the 50¢ words for right now.

Did you know 20% of the population suffering from depression will have to take anti-depressants for the rest of their lives. I'm a statistic! This could be like, reason for a party! Say hello to 20%! I should buy a lottery ticket.

I'd be a lot more psyched about this if only they could find a drug to stick me on, and keep me on. I've worked my way through quite a few already, and when I find a really great one that helps with everything, and lets me live my life normally and even allows happiness... Said pill "poops out." Seriously. That's what my shrink said. Someone I know said their shrink said the same thing so perhaps it is a medical term?

I mentioned the new one this week. I can't tell yet if it's helping, but I think I'm having some side-effects that include lack of interest and motivation in anything other than sitting on my couch, upset stomach, and increased snarkiness. All I can do is wait and hope it works.

Do you take any anti-depressants? Which ones?

2 comments:

gizmorox said...

It's the Grateful Dead! Box of Rain, quite possibly my favorite GD.

My mom is on a stable of drugs too and she's ok now. She hit menopause at the same time so for a while she was a demon hellchild.

Tippy said...

I considered excluding you from participation. I knew you'd know!

Yeah your mom was nuts for a while. Maybe I'm in menopause now?