31 October 2006

Starting early

Yes yes, I know it doesn't count, but I figured that if I'm going to get into the swing of posting at least a little something every day, I ought to, you know, post every day? Also I'm fucking around with layout colours for something a little more.... autumnal.

On the way to work, I saw a nun crossing the Spa Creek bridge, a rockstar hanging out on Compromise St., and later, two thin white ladies, running, with head-banded Jew fros. Halloween's awesome. Sadly, I didn't manage to take any photos, because I am A Bad Photographer.

A lady I very much look up to is dying from brain cancer right now. We had perhaps a glimmer of hope yesterday, but have no further updates on her condition. What shocks me most, aside from perhaps losing this classy woman from the world, is how fast this happened. September 20th she came home from her first surgery to remove the tumour. Sunday, the doctors said, we've done all we can.

Life takes on a strange perspective when someone you care for is dying. When Daddy died, it was so sudden and unexpected, I didn't have time to mull the philosophical implications.

I would trade places with her in a moment - give her the rest of my time in exchange for what she has left. Shame it doesn't work that way.

This post has been brought to you by the letters S, A and D!

2 comments:

gizmorox said...

Do you read She Wears Plaid? Miss Scottish Tart lost her dad last year and she's really eloquent into putting into words just how much it messed her up. That and she's a riot.

Tippy said...

i used to read her on LJ all the time. i'll add her to my blogroll tho!