24 October 2006

Yeah, whatever

Today I turn 32. This means less than nothing to me. How is it that as we get older, birthdays become just another day? You get a card at work, maybe a little cake, or a free lunch or dinner, but there's none of that excitement there was when you were younger. No countdown to The Big Day. No pestering people with lists of things you want, or dropping casual hints.

Actually, I think this year I specifically said there was nothing I wanted. At least, nothing anyone else can give me.

Part of me wonders if this is repercussive of Dad dying. I'm already against celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, have I subconsciously lumped my birthday in with that as well? Something to feasibly explore today in therapy, because let's be honest - it wouldn't be my birthday if I didn't pay a visit to the shrink.

4 comments:

chelene said...

Happy Birthday, Tippy. Make a wish anyway...it can't hurt. :)

Tippy said...

I wish for.... world peace!

OK not really. I totally lied. I want shoes. =D

gizmorox said...

"That would be...harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan."

32. You old goat.

Tippy said...

Baaa-aaaa-aaaaaaa!