06 November 2006

Fucking teeth...

I have always had problems with my teeth, since I knocked out a handful of adult teeth when I was 10. Ever since then, I've had soft teeth - my fillings all fall out after about 3 years, and my veneers/crowns tend to do the same. This has become a very expensive proposition. I have the original $50,000 mouth, except my teeth are shite. Four years ago my wisdom teeth came in and because of an overwhelming anxiety about having teeth pulled, I never had them taken out. Which led to crowding, which led to more teeth cracking, fillings falling out, entire teeth (mostly fillings though) cracking and falling out... It's shitty and bad. I can blame this on my mom not taking me to the dentist for 5-6 years when I was younger, and I can also blame it on myself for a) not having dental insurance and as such b) not going to the dentist since I moved here.

Last night I was struck with the worst pain imaginable in my mouth. Given all my experience though, I knew it was an infected tooth with the infection seeping into the jaw. Long story short, no painkiller has helped and I haven't slept more than an hour and a half in the past 48 hours.

Due to not actually having had a dental appointment with any dentist in the area (or really, any dentist but the one I've seen since I was 17 and lived 80 miles from here), I'm in a spot where I can't afford to get dental work done on an emergency basis because they won't offer me a payment plan. Luckily, the doctors at the local urgent care facility are very kind, and were able to give me a prescription for both penicillin and vicodin. I hope the penicillin starts to work quickly, because I've taken 3 vicodin in the past 3 hours (spaced out of course) and it's barely helping. And I am so tired. And hurt so bad.

Someone once told me that tooth pain is absolutely the worst pain you can go through, and having experienced the worst of that, I absolutely agree. I am so miserable right now.

1 comment:

Rashenbo said...

Ouch! Totally sucks. I've got crappy teeth too. Had more root canals than I care to think about. Had a few teeth crack apart in pieces... just sucks all the way around.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Oh, found you off the nablo list. Cheers.